Monday, May 30, 2011

Sunshine, romantic movies and plumpness

This morning I went and saw Something Borrowed with my mom. It was fun to have some mother/ daughter time. Really cute movie. I'm a sucker for a chick flick. I have to admit, though, I hate when I leave a chick flick feeling like "WHY isn't this my life?" Poor Shaun, I think I come home giving him the evil eye. The men are always so attentive and sweet in these movies. So pretty much, PERFECT. Which, of course, has us women leaving these movies with much to be desired in real life! You know how irrational we are. So this week I will be expecting roses delivered, baths ran for me, random massages, hand holding and other things that even I am unsure of lol. Perhaps I will even expect a beautifully written poem to be read to me. Good luck, Shaun.

Really , though, why aren't our lives like these romantic movies?? Why am I not a woman with a beautiful slender body and perfect hair? Married to a man with an amazing job, washboard abs, excess compassion and an equal amount of modesty? Who knows but damn those movies.

As I write this I sit here trying to filter out the sound of Shaun's snoring. AHHHH. It drives me insane. Breathe right strips? What a crock. That worked about as well as everyone not pumping gas worked to reduce gas prices. Some nights I gently nudge him. This approach usually fails TERRIBLY. I , then, begin to nudge with my elbow. Lovingly, of course. This is a 50/50. If both prior mentioned methods fail I move onto things such as what I like to call a love pat. We will just leave it at that but it typically works. I then lay my head down really fast and pretend as if I were asleep the whole time. Next step: ear plugs.

Something else that has been heavily on my mind: my weight. Not exactly just my weight but my overall fitness or lack thereof. I wish it didn't bother me so much. It does though. I am about 25-30lbs away from my healthy goal weight. Had you told me 10 years ago that I would weigh what I do now I'd have slapped you and hard. I was doing good at the gym but now with Shaun being gone 16 hour days I just haven't found a way to juggle the gym, kids, laundry, cooking, cleaning, bathing kids... you get the idea. Then everywhere I turn there are women with babies freshly popped out that look as if they were never pregnant. I'm not quite sure how this is fair. I say this as I look down at my 9 month post partum belly looking about 5 months pregnant. Yeah yeah my husband is fine with my looks so I should be.... in a perfect world. I find myself not wanting to even go out of this house because I don't feel comfortable in anything I own. I just don't feel comfortable in my own body right now. I pray that this changes. Either my body or my attitude about my body.

We had beautiful weather this weekend. BEAUTIFUL. Shaun and I took the kids to the zoo on Sunday. They really had a great time. There was a baby polar bear that was just so cuuute. I'm not sure how people eat at the zoo, it smells terrible. I am working on uploading pictures from our weekend adventures but I am just so slow about it lately.

OH how could I forget this?! For the first time, ever, in this household: a pink princess sippy cup sits in the cupboard. Silly, I know. I was so excited to buy sippy cups with the Disney princesses on them lol Ya know, maybe I will just use them, too. Buying little girly things brings me back to being a little girl. I can't wait for barbies, baby dolls and play makeup!


I am sorry I have been slacking on pictures. I will get caught up soon. I am just tired and limited on time.

Random weekend happenings:
- We made delicious lemon pepper chicken wings... twice.
- I heard my 2 boys singing and playing with my little girl, through the baby monitor, when she woke up fussing <3
- Discovered a new favorite restaurant
- Mother/daughter time with my mom
- date night with hubby
- Doing 200 jumping jacks with my 7 year old because he is going to "get me into shape" lol


Now for my random thoughts:
- Why do people say things like "I could care less" If you could care less then do so, care less. It's I COULDN'T care less.
- Why can't chocolate be weight loss food?
- My coffee addiction is ridiculous

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment