Sunday, May 29, 2011

4 day weekends rock :)

I've been thinking a lot about how I may really be done having babies. It's hard to believe. It makes my heart sink a bit. Shaun is more sure than I am on this subject. I know he is concerned for my well being. I have had 3 c sections already and I had some heart issues in my 3rd trimester of my 3rd pregnancy.

I think it is, partly, because so many people my age are just starting having babies. It feels weird to be "done". Am I crazy??? I am always extremely sick for at least 5 months of pregnancy. Another c section seems crazy. Heart problems... scary! I'm not sure why I can't feel 100% sure in my heart.  Time will tell, right? I sure hope that I can eventually feel at ease with it.

The kids have been keeping me really busy! Taveon is on summer break (which I love). Damon is doing his best to make Taveon wish he were still in school. Isla is getting really good at crawling, climbing, pulling up to standing.

You never know how annoying infomercials are until you have kids who get sucked into believing them! I was just told that, by Taveon, that he needs a sleep number bed because he wakes up with "neck pain". One time, when he was 2 or 3, he had a huge fit at the front of the store. He saw space bags and was convinced that he NEEDED them. I am going to create infomercials for spankings, room cleaning technique, eating vegetables and changing diapers. Let's see how much of it he chooses to believe then :) .

Shaun's mom babysat for us so we could go to dinner last night. We went to Don Jose's. Neither of us has ever been there but it was really good! Especially my margarita. Then we went and visited with a few friends. It was really nice to get out without our little tribe of children and have some adult conversation.

Shaun is on a 4 day weekend. He usually works 5 days a week and goes to school, as well, on 4 of those days. So, to have him here for 4 days straight is so nice. We are taking the kids to the zoo and BBQing since it's a nice day again! I will pray that the sun stays out for us and especially for my pale white self.

I will make another post, with pictures, after our zoo trip. Isla just woke up crying and the boys are up there dancing and singing to her. I hear it all through the monitor. It's really pretty cute.


My random thoughts for now:

- Please ladies please... wear bras. Just do it for the good of everyone involved.

- 4 way stops: They really aren't that hard to do, people! Stop, wait your turn (which you will determine when you stop), then go.

- There's always that one cashier's line who you avoid at the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment