Monday, May 16, 2011

It's been awhile

I have not written in so long. How terrible! I guess I got caught up in life and all things crazy. I suppose I should make this a quick catch up post. I promise to be better about writing. Let's face it, I have no great excuse as to why I haven't written. My life is not some fabulous, wild, crazy (eh, that one maybe), over the top extravaganza that keeps me tied up lol.

So let's see. Isla is over 8 months old now. Actually in 11 days she will be 9 months old. She is crawling and growing bigger and more beautiful by the day. She is quickly picking up on how to give her big brother (Damon) payback. One day we are riding along in the car and he starts yelling about his waffle (he always brings one in the am) is gone. I say to him "You have to wait until we get home for another one!". Finfally, I get so flustered with his carrying on that I pull over, get out and open his door. What do I find? Isla snatched his waffle and was eating it and holding it out away from him! Lord, help me!

Damon is his crazy little self. He is so cute and outgoing yet so wild and crazy all at once. If you have ever seen any pictures of him you know the glimmer in his eye and you know he's up to SOMETHING. Damon is 2 and a half and has finally starting really talking better. Maybe I should say yelling because, mainly, that's what seems to go on lately. His latest is "you see dat?" and "how about....". I must admit, it's really cute.

Taveon is finishing up 1st grade this week. I could not be more proud of him. He will be going into the gifted program next year (proud mommy, hehe) and he is such a smart and happy kid. He is a little reserved and shy but he seems to make friends pretty darn easily. I can not believe my first baby is getting so big. I wish I could slow down time, rewind, pause, whatever! He calls me "mom" now and doesn't really want to be seen holding my hand BUT he will do, reluctantly, to make me happy. Good boy! Oh, Taveon has also started little league. He is SO cute in his uniform. I will have to post a picture.

Shaun is working FT and going to school FT. He is gone 15-16 hours a day. I miss him and I can not wait for  him to graduate next year! He is on the deans list. What an accomplishment for working, going to school and having a family!

I am busy busy busy. The life of a mother. I am blessed with business :) I have lost my pregnancy weight but still have a ways to go to my GOAL! 25 more lbs and I'm at my goal. I will do it and then I will be able to share then and now progress pics :)

Must go, have a pretty little baby crying for her mama. I will write again soon and I will include some yummy recipes again!
TTFN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment