Sunday, May 22, 2011

Road trip

Thursday was the last day of school. Shaun had Friday off, due to working this weekend. So, we decided to take a road trip to Seward and take the kids to the sea life center. Our goal was to be gone by 10am. I believe we were walking out the door around 11, pretty good for us. Getting 3 kids and 2 adults prepared for a day trip is a little crazy. I will just outline the highlights of our day. Hmm, maybe I should just say moments that stand out as some are NOT highlights.


- On the way to Seward we had to stop for a bathroom break. There were these "rest stops". I use this term loosely because they did not look like somewhere I felt like I could "rest". No way, was I going in there. Shaun and Taveon went in after I told T "DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING". Sure enough someone had pooped all over the toilet seat and FLOOR! THIS, my friends, is why I don't use "bathrooms" where there is no cellphone signal.

- Just a bit further up the road, Damon had taken his shirt of,f somehow. Pulled over, fixed that....

- Just a bit further and Isla needs a diaper change.

-We finally got there and about got blown away by the wind!

- I got schooled by Taveon that they are not "star fish" they are sea stars because they are not really a FISH.

The kids had a great time at the sea life center. We ate at a great little restaurant called Apollos, got a coffee across the street from Apollos (I can't remember the name for the life of me). I enjoyed the ride and conversations with my husband.

On another note, Shaun and I have started watching the Harry Potter series. Yeah yeah I know. Neither of us had seen any of them before this weekend. We have now watched the 1st 2 and I have to admit, much better than I thought.

Overall, great weekend. Shaun had to work but, last night, we just lounged around.

Today I was awoken by a 2 year old in a puddle of pee in his crib. Apparently, he thought it was a good idea to remove his diaper? Lord, help me with this kid.

See, Sarah Palin really CAN see it from her yard  lol











Our ride home


Jelly fish. I loved these!

Have to go for now but I am hoping to post more later.

A few random thoughts from my crazy head:

- Is anyone REALLY surprised that no "rapture" happened this weekend? Please, say no.
- I need coffee
- Some people cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go. (we all know a few of these)
- I am determined to drink AT LEAST 60oz of water today
- I need coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment