Monday, March 4, 2013

First prenatal visit

Today we had our first visit for this pregnancy. We had an ultrasound and got to hear and see the baby's heart beating. That was the most exciting part of the visit. No matter how many babies you have, hearing and seeing that heartbeat for the first time is never anything less than amazing.

After that I had to have tons of blood drawn( like 14 vials) and pick up my rx for more zofran and phenergan. The dr did give me a referral for in home healthcare to set me up with a zofran pump. That is basically a pump I wear, much like an insulin pump, that will keep the zofran in my system on a constant basis. I will have to change the site on my own every other day, eeeek. I pray it helps me feel human again.

Oh!! I almost forgot. Our gender guessing so far lol. So the ring test says boy, the good ol Chinese gender chart says boy but the newest one I found says girl. The new one is where in an ultrasound prior to 10 weeks if placenta is on the left = girl and right= boy. I've had a feeling this is a boy but I could be wrong.

That's all for now but I will update again soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment