Friday, October 28, 2011

Brighter Days

Ok friends, I have pulled myself together and am no longer drowning in self pity. As much as I do miss "home" I am going to make the best of my adventure here. I am sure the holidays will be hard but you do what you have to do right? I need to smile so my kids know it's ok to be happy here. Those precious little faces mean more to me than anything and I will do everything in my power to make them smile.

Since my last post we took the kids to a pumpkin patch. That was pretty fun. We went on a hayride and the kids played in a bounce house there. We also had boiled peanuts mmm. The weather was perfect that day. It was right around 70 degrees and sunny but not overly sunny. Here are some pictures from that fun day:








I have been LOVING fall down here. I always did love fall here when we were down here before. We lived in GA for a few years back when Shaun was active duty and we were first married. Fall is definitely GORGEOUS here. Walking to pick Taveon up from the bus stop everyday I can't help but to be mesmerized by the deep reds, oranges and yellows of the leaves. Yet it's still warm enough to only need a light jacket during the day. I have started taking some pictures of the pretty trees. Some were taken at night because I jumped out of the car (not literally don't worry) while in a parking lot where I saw pretty trees. I am sure people thought I was crazy but that's nothing new ;)





Taveon has been loving that we have a basketball hoop in the driveway. He plays out there a lot and he asked me to take pictures of him and "show people". So, here are a few of those :)




So, I still haven't finished unpacking. I have so much more to unpack but these kids sure find ways to keep me BUSY. I am lucky to keep up with day to day things like laundry, dishes, meals, baths for everyone (except Shaun, thankfully he bathes himself lol). I am hoping to be done with unpacking soon so I can begin decorating and making this place home. I think that will help all of us. Plus, I need to get unpacked so I can share pictures of our new home with everyone! 

Today was Damon's 3rd birthday. I say this so often but time FLIES! It's hard to believe it has been 3 years since he was born. So funny how it seems like it's gone by so fast but at the very same time I feel like I can't remember life before him ya know? Once you have babies it's so hard to imagine life without them. He is such a special little boy with so so much personality. He is pretty stubborn and I have NO idea where he gets that from :/ 





Taveon has been adjusting well at his new school. I spoke with his teacher and she said it's just like he has been there all year and he is really warming up to everyone. She also told me she loves having him in her class already. That made me feel such relief. He has been awfully forgetful when it comes to bringing things to and from school though and that is pretty frustrating but we are working on it. 

The other day I was cooking dinner and Isla kept fussing. I asked Taveon to please play with her for a bit. The next thing I know I found this sweet sight:
He had rocked her to sleep while watching cartoons. Melts my heart. What an awesome big brother he is. Look at their resemblance, too! I love them.

Tomorrow I am going on a walking ghost tour with a friend :) It seems pretty neat and it will be nice to get out and spend time with another adult. I am inside of a house with small children all day everyday and while I love it, I sometimes feel like I have lost connection with the outside world. I will be sure to take pics and post them! There is so much history down here and I am certain it will be interesting. 

I am going to run because it is 1am and I better rest so I can work on unpacking this weekend. 

Thanks for taking the time to keep up with our new life down here :)

Amber

Oops I am editing to add this:
I am not sure HOW I forgot but I have the cutest video of Isla to share :))

Oh my gosh it makes me laugh. She is such a girl and she already knows how to work daddy!

1 comment: