Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gobble gobble 'til you wobble wobble

For the first year in... I don't even know how long, we did not have thanksgiving dinner with family. Oh the fun of dysfunctional times. My amazing friend Kaile invited us to her home for dinner. It was an amazing dinner and I am so thankful I can call her my friend. Friends ARE the family you get to choose. We had so much good food. Goodbye weight loss plan hello every growing butt.

That brings me to another thought... am I crazy? Who tries losing weight over the holidays? ME! This post baby weight is really making me feel like a fatty. The healing from this c section has been quite a long road. With the boys I healed up and hit the gym by 6-8 weeks. This time I am 13 weeks out and still sore and not able to work out. I, apparently, tore an abdominal muscle. That muscle is not healing so quickly and I have set myself back several times.

So Kaile and I thought we'd hit toys r us last night at 10pm. Once again.. CRAZY! I see a pattern here. We got there and the line was around both sides of the building. We skipped it and went to walmart to grab a few things. At 11:15 pm people were at walmart, standing around the pallets (we keep hearing , over the intercom "DO NOT TOUCH THE PALLETS", they take this SERIOUS), with their hands on them waiting for the sale to start. We heard, over the intercom, that some of the sales weren't even starting until 5am!! These people are out of their minds. Standing around for 6 hours... heck no. On another note, I wish I had my camera because I saw some great "peopleofwalmart" material. We got out of there after laughing at the madness. We decided to see if toys r us had cleared out any. I found  a parking space and we went in. We notice a line weaving up and down and around the whole store. This was the check out line! I swear it was 3 hours long. Needless to say, we left. I'll pay the extra money and skip those lines! I did make it out to target and fred meyer this morning and scored some good deals with less crowds. My total at one store was $133 and I saved $249! I love when I save more than I spend. Who doesn't?

The best part of the day was taking a long nap. All 3 kids napped all afternoon and so did I. I feel like tonight's post is a bit boring but my brain is long past tired. I am going to post a recipe for my favorite cookies (which I am baking right now) and I am going to take a few pics. I must share because let's face it... I can't gain holiday weight all by myself. Sharing is caring.

Each cookie is 292 calories!!! Proceed with caution...


Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 5 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, optional

Directions

  • In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut and chips. Shape 3 tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball; repeat with remaining dough.
  • Place balls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
  • In a microwave, melt candy coating if desired; stir until smooth. Dip one end of cooled cookies in candy coating. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.



No comments:

Post a Comment